There are multiple ways you can identify audience in Adobe Target. Identification of audience is the first step in doing either of :
- Experimentation : In most cases we don’t need to make any special efforts to identify an audience when doing ABT or MVT
- Personalization or Recommendation
So, what capabilities does Adobe Target provides in helping with identification of audience ?
It provides great flexibility, below is the list from the the official documentation.
- Traffic source
B) User Technology related
- Operating System
C) Site related
- Site Pages:
- Current Page the user is on
- Previous Page the user was on
- Landing page
- HTTP Header
Incredibly useful for conversion optimization. Ex: use cases like – If the user has seen “Goa Hotels Page” -> Show him the right banner.
- Time Frame : Time when users visited. Ex – During the big billion day or weekend etc. Great option to have.
- Visitor Profile : This means custom parameter and is passed along with the mbox call (i.e server call).
- Custom Parameters : This is the broad bucket of custom parameters. One can pass any value in here ex: Tier information in case of a loyalty program – so that one can personalize on the basis of “Tier”.
- Target Library : These are in built ready audiences which you can use.
- Segments from Adobe Analytics can be made available in Adobe Target . This again is a great option because this means any segment from Adobe Analytics/ Web Analytics is now available for Personalization/Recommendation. There are some limitations here on time lag between availability of data etc.
Bucket D & E is really great to have in one’s marketing arsenal.
With that, It will be interesting to do a comparison of what widely used micro platforms like Right Message offer.